Building Services – Static Maintenance Engineer
Number of vacancies:
31 October 2021
What Do We Do?
At The Potteries Centre we aim to create a compelling, unique experience for our customers, which in turn means that they stay longer and return more often to our Centre. This helps our retailers flourish by increasing footfall and spend.
As part of the maintenance team, based on a static site, engineers will be expected to provide a comprehensive planned and reactive maintenance service for our client, ensuring the highest possible standards of service are achieved.
• To provide a quality service at all times to the client by ensuring that the standards of work and the materials supplied are as specified in accordance with the contractual arrangements
• To work to recognised industry standards at all times
• You will be required to carry out physically demanding tasks in order to meet the requirement of the business
• Elogbooks (internal facilities management system) are managed successfully for those sites/locations responsible
• Carrying out quality inspections
• Ensure reactive maintenance is responded to immediately to equipment breakdowns
• Fixing faults on site or arranging for replacement machinery or equipment to be installed as necessary
• To participate in the provision of out-of-hours emergency cover as necessary
• To liaise with the Team Leader or Maintenance Manager to establish planned and routine maintenance programme and reporting procedures
• To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training activities and maintain current knowledge and professional qualifications to increase your skills basis (Personal Development Plans)
• To undertake any other duties as directed by the Team Leader within the remit of the role
• Adhere to Company and externally relevant health and safety laws and policies
• Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as may be determined by company
• Either Relevant Technical Certification in Electrical Installation of Electrical Maintenance or
• Relevant Technical Certification in Mechanical Maintenance
• Experience of Maintenance in a retail environment
• Competent electrical fault finding and analysis skills
• Self-managing, must be able to work under own supervision or as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills and must be able to work within a diverse community
• Methodical record keeping
• Ability to understand and analyse electronic / mechanical systems
• Hands-on approach and Problem solving
The Potteries Centre, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Behaviour and Culture
Focus on the personal contribution you can make to the success of The Potteries Centre.
You lead by example, uplifting the team, and instil a passion for excellence in delivering the highest standards and a willingness to always make a difference, not only relates to our customers, but to all stakeholders, including contractors, retailers and colleagues.
You promote our operational focus on compliance, communication, consistency, and collaboration in all you deliver.
You are an ambassador for the Centre and for building services team, and as such you will actively promote recognition for the team, the centre, and the wider business through your exemplary behaviour.