Number of hours:
Number of vacancies:
31 October 2021
Our values and behaviours
Respect – This means respecting each other, great communication, valuing contributions, respecting differences, and supporting one another.
Collaboration – This is all about teamwork and remembering that we are all working towards the same goal. It’s also about how we work with our clients and their other suppliers. We are one team! Integrity – This is about being honest, reliable, and trustworthy and always delivering on promises. Innovation – This is about striving to always improve, working smarter, coming up with new ideas and having the confidence to share them. At the same time, it’s about embracing change.
Excellence – This is all about striving to be the very best brand ambassador, exceeding expectations to build value and give us and our clients a real competitive advantage.
Trust – This is all about being consistent, organised, and reliable. It’s also about doing what you say
you are going to do and not promising what you can’t deliver.
The SO will ensure exemplary standards of Security and Customer Service are provided to the client and visitors to the site at all times. The SO is the public face of the Security Team and should act with professionalism at all times. A can-do attitude is essential in this highly influential role.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• To readily interact with all visitors/tenants within the shopping centre, delivering first class customer focused service.
• Carry out regular patrols of the shopping centre as detailed in the site Assignment Instructions, being proactive always.
• Be professional, pleasant, friendly, courteous, and helpful always whilst carry out duties to the highest standard.
• To ensure exemplary standards in personal grooming, strictly adhering to the site uniform requirements.
• Continuously look for opportunities to be of assistance to visitors at the shopping centre, proactively offering assistance wherever opportunities arise.
• To ensure that the site is a safe and non-threatening environment for all visitors/tenants.
• Ensuring all incidents are managed in accordance with site policies and procedures.
• Liaising with site control room proactively reacting to incidents and ensuring colleagues are always fully briefed and supported.
• Ensure any unsecure areas of the site are reported to Control Room immediately and action taken to resolve.
• To record/log all non-conformances and emergencies with the appropriate control room operatives.
• To deal efficiently and effectively with all emergencies ensuring the Centre team are always kept fully informed.
• Intelligent understanding of human behaviour, monitoring and surveillance of suspect individuals, logging, and reporting incidents in line with site/company polices.
• Maintain vigilance and highlight/manage unauthorised access by banned individuals.
• Provide assistance to third party contractors/visitors ensuring all site procedures/policies are adhered to.
• To liaise closely with statutory authorities, dealing with incidents and the provision of information.
• Ensure radio procedures are always adhered to.
• Ensure all events/incidents are recorded in the SO notebook correctly and notebook policies are always adhered to.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
• Any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager.
• Ensure a timely response to all security issues and events.
• Complete all training requirements as requested by line manager.
• Be available to cover at least 1 additional shift per month if requested to cover absence/annual leave.
• Liaise closely with the Environmental Services team delivering one service and highlight opportunities in working as one team.
• Support the Supervisor in conducting regular audits as required.
• N.B – Core tasks are as above, although this list is not exhaustive.
• Has a one team approach
• Able to take ownership of all situations to ensure tasks are completed.
• Flexible approach to change
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to balance competing priorities and workloads.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Adaptable and flexible in approach to work required.
• Willingness and ability to work as a member of a team.
• Report writing/Presentation skills.
• Excellent observational skills.
• 12 Months First aid qualification.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
• Always follow Group and company policies and procedures.
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment.
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received.
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system